I'm not about to write two pages before I get to the good stuff.. the recipe!! So here it is!
GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES.. yum.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted), or coconut oil or alternative of your choice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, or equivalent flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed, 5 tbsp water, stir and let sit 5 mins)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp molasses (the darker the molasses, the darker the cookie! Up to you!)
- 4.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A small bowl of sugar
- Pre heat oven at 375 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar (stand mixer or hand mixer)
- Add eggs & molasses and cream again
- Combine dry ingredients and pour into creamed
- Mix with a spoon/spatula until combined
- Use a cookie scoop (or size consistency) or free hand (you go girl!) and scoop out balls of dough
- Roll ball in sugar and place dough with good amount of space between each on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Flatten or leave as balls (they will melt down, don't you worry)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 mins, until cracked.
- Let sit a few minutes and transfer to a cooling rack
Enjoy for yourself or give the gift of yummy home baked cookies. They freeze well and are a crowd fav. Watch out Starbucks cookies, we've figured you out!